Students are now able to grant their parents access to financial aid information on WebAdvising. Parents can view the listing of required financial aid application documents along with the financial aid award letter once available.
Students: Log in to WebAdvising https://webadvising.union.edu
Under the Financial Aid tab
- Select ‘Grant Access to Student Billing and Financial Aid’
- Click ‘Access to Financial Aid’ for the desired parent(s). Verify the parent email and click ‘Submit’.
Parents who currently have access to Student Billing on WebAdvising:
You will be sent an email confirming that financial aid access has been granted by the student. Your existing user ID and password will not change.
Parents who have not been granted WebAdvising access by their student:
Please talk with your student regarding access to Student Billing and Financial Aid. They can follow the instructions above to grant access to both Student Billing and Financial Aid information.
Parents being granted access for the first time:
- Once your student has granted you access, you will receive an email with your temporary password.
- Your student should let you know your user ID (in most cases it will be Last Name_First Initial
Example: John Smith = smith_j
- Common last names may involve additional characters in the User ID. Please contact your student if you are having difficulty. They can see your UserID in WebAdvising.
- You will be prompted to create your own password at your initial login at https://webadvising.union.edu
- Click on ‘Students’ to view Student Billing and Financial Aid Information
Please note: The Financial Aid and Student Accounts Offices are unable to grant access to parents for their students’ billing and financial aid information. This access can only be granted by the student via WebAdvising.
For Financial Aid Access questions contact the Financial Aid Office at (518)388-6123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Student Billing Access questions contact the Student Accounts Office at (518)388-6106 or email@example.com.