Orlando, Florida - Posted on: Thursday 08/22/13
Responsible for designing and implementing career and academic systems and strategies. Develops curriculum for the first year experience; and supervises, develops and provides strategic leadership for Academic Advisors, Career Program Advisors and Career Center Coordinators.
1. Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution [Required] preferably in student personnel, counseling and guidance, student services, or higher education administration.
2. Current experience in the field of student persistence and success.
3. Experience in academic advising, career advising or educational counseling [Required].
4. Experience with staff development and evaluation.
5. Experience in higher education, preferably at a public institution and/or community college serving a diverse student population.
6. Leadership ability and excellent communication skills.
7. Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
8. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of community college career and academic programs.
2. Knowledge of strategies and methodologies related to academic advising, career advising and curriculum development.
3. Skill in the use of personal computers and related office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
4. Skill in effectively communicating, interpersonally, orally, in writing, and through group facilitation.
5. Ability to organize work, prioritize effectively, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
6. Ability to research, analyze, and interpret information to make valid decisions, resolve problems, and strategically plan for future needs.
7. Ability to lead, supervise, and develop assigned staff.
8. Ability to prepare related reports, presentations, and training.
9. Ability to work in a collaborative and team environment.
10. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.