N. Andover, Massachusetts - Posted on: Tuesday 08/13/13
- Develop and carry a case load of undergraduate, graduate, and alumni (0-5 years out) in the School of Liberal Arts and the School of Education.
- Actively outreaches and works collaboratively with faculty to engage students in career exploration and preparation, encouraging utilization of academic and career services, and working with the office to develop corresponding marketing campaigns. Educate faculty on the resources and services Center provides.
- Works collaboratively to execute a successful Externship Program for sophomores and juniors, which involves engaging students with employers for off campus experiential learning during winter and spring breaks, as well as one-day shadowing opportunities.
- Ability to administer and interpret standardized psychosocial career software assessments utilizing the Holland Code, MBTI, STRONG and other industry standards.
- Market and facilitate internship/co-op opportunities; work collaboratively with Employer Relations and the rest of campus to significantly grow the participation in these experiential learning opportunities.
- Knowledge and application of student development, and the ability to assist students in developing effective academic and/or career plans that align with life goals, in order to promote students retention and academic success.
- Understanding of and commitment to Merrimack’s mission and strategic directions.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interface and work effectively with students, faculty, staff, administration and employers.
- Ability to develop and execute programming to meet the needs of assigned caseload of students.
- Knowledge of other services and resources available on campus, serving as an advocate for students, as well as orienting and referring students to other services offered by the college are fundamental to this position.
- Knowledge of current social, economic and employment trends; employer staffing practices, needs and recruitment.
- Knowledge of methods/techniques of research, analysis, presentation of statistical data, record keeping and proposal/business/report writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups.
- Ability to communicate using electronic media and graphic presentation tools, working knowledge of recruitment CMS, such as Simplicity.
- Ability to creatively and independently problem solve by prioritizing, organizing, and multitasking while under pressure.
- Knowledge of learning outcomes and processes of an experiential learning program for students.
A master's degree in counseling to three years of related work experience is required. Effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to interact effectively with diverse populations, flexibility and able to work as on a team in program development and execution. Strong computer/technical skills are required. Experience working with International Students is strongly desired. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required. Demonstrated sensitivity to the special needs of diverse populations, such as first generation, undeclared, etc. This is a 12 month, 40 hour/week position.