Albany, New York - Posted on: Friday 05/17/13
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College is seeking candidates to fill a Computer
Technology Trainer position based in Albany. The incumbent supports the deployment and use of New York State (NYS) proprietary and/or
off-the-shelf computer applications in state and local government agencies throughout NYS by: delivering computer training on Microsoft
products and proprietary software applications through the use of varied methodologies, including classroom training (both in regional
computer labs and using portable lab equipment on-site at agency locations), through the use of virtual classroom technology, and providing
one-on-one training assistance and customized training; maintaining records of training programs, content, activities, and evaluations in
accordance with procedures; preparing routine reports; providing feedback on trainees’ reactions to training materials and methods; assisting
with the training schedule and travel arrangements; and maintaining currency in job-related knowledge, products, and technologies.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization; OR a
comparable combination of post-secondary education and/or additional experience in technology-related training and/or technical support for
2. Minimum of 3 years technology-related training/training support experience.
3. Solid working knowledge of and experience teaching software, including Microsoft Office applications.
4. Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
5. Experience learning new software applications within short timeframes.
6. Demonstrated proficiency with oral and written communication.
7. Ability to work variable hours and to travel to areas within NYS that may not be served by public transportation.
8. Ability to lift and transport computer equipment (PC monitors, CPUs) up to 40 pounds.
9. If the successful candidate does not possess a bachelor’s degree, (s)he will be required to complete one within two years of being hired.
Tuition assistance may be available to the incumbent.
1. Experience working with state or local government agencies, especially social services.
2. Experience setting up and working with wireless PC networks.
3. Knowledge of and experience using distance learning methods.
4. Knowledge of NYS legacy (mainframe) computer systems and/or the NYS Human Services Enterprise Network (HSEN).