Albany, New York - Posted on: Thursday 02/14/13
This Laboratory R&D Engineer position will support customer driven electrochemistry and analysis work in Atotech’s Electrochemistry lab at the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering, Albany, NY.
The position would result in shorter response to customer driven development needs and improve flexibility in terms of spikes in R&D demands both at Albany and at customer sites. Atotech's partnership with CNSE focuses on the development and optimization of technologies for use in advanced device structures. The partnership provides Atotech engineers exclusive access to R&D activities with the College and its 250 global corporate partners. Together with these partners, Atotech supports the development towards sub-22 nm node technologies with contributions of engineering know-how and advanced, cost-competitive plating chemistries.
- Laboratory scale coupon plating activities
- Increase output and reduce timeframe for technical responses to customer demands, primarily consisting of parameter screening using coupon plating
- Chemistry demonstrations or on-site laboratory scale process development at customer sites or regional laboratories
– expected travel 20%
- Provide redundancy and additional potential productivity for other laboratory activities related to electrochemistry -
- Compile reports according to standard templates to be able to clearly compare and analyze results from these experiments.
- Follow Atotech/Total & CNSE HSE rules. Observe safe lab practices and good housekeeping in performance of duties; understand hazards associated with work activities and abide by established procedures in handling and use of all chemicals.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned or associated with the responsibility of the position.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in chemistry, preferred electrochemistry, or a related field or equivalent experience required.
- Either Master’s degree in electrochemistry related field or 2 years research experience in electrochemistry related field required.
- Understanding of electrochemical principles and theory necessary.
- Demonstrated experience with laboratory instrumentation, experience with electrochemical techniques desirable.
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced electrochemistry laboratory.
- Ability to follow through and complete measurements, experiments and reports at given deadlines.
- Ability to work with clarity, precision and motivation.
- Ability to work in an international team environment.
- Proficiency in MS word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. and affinity with lab equipment.
Competitive compensation and benefits provided.
Individuals who possess the Education and Experience for the position and wish to apply, should send resume and cover letter including detailed experience summary and salary expectations to: Mr. James Adolf James.email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject. We are unable to respond to telephone inquiries.