Albany, New York or Off-site Contractors - Posted on: Wednesday 02/20/13
- Design and development of stable, distributable PHP-based systems and associated add-ons/modules/etc
- Writing technical specifications/requirements and consulting/development of recommendations for current and future projects
- Code evaluation and testing
- Application security analysis
- PHP – Minimum 5 years of enterprise-level experience developing PHP/MySQL. You need to be a PHP (OO/MVC) pro and have a deep experiential understanding of all of it's nuances, quirks, and features.
- PHP frameworks – experience developing production systems with PHP frameworks such as Zend, Symfony, etc
- Experience with large-scale, full life cycle development projects
- Experience implementing unit testing and test-driven development
- Experience building customizable generic/agnostic systems
- Have a love for challenging projects and working both on small teams and in independent situations
- Experience developing security-sensitive LAMP-based applications
- JS frameworks such as jQuery, MooTools, Prototype, etc.
- Personal experience as an independent contractor/entrepreneur highly valued
- Experience writing technical and conceptual specifications
- A personal, nuanced understanding of Occam's razor in relation to software development
- Communication skills!