New York, New York - Posted on: Friday 09/13/13
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for an Administrator of Middleware products specifically IBM Websphere, IBM MQ and IBM Websphere Message Broker with additional knowledge of Tivoli Identity Management products and IBM Cognos administration.
The primary role will be responsible to install, maintain, configure and administer Websphere, Websphere MQ and WMB for a Citywide application. This candidate will also assist in installing and maintaining the Cognos reporting system and working on the Tivoli Identity Management suite of products. This person will work with various teams, but will need to have the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
- Understanding of Middleware software and its interactions with infrastructure components.
- Extensive working knowledge (at least 5 years) of installation, configuration and upgrading Middleware software products such as Websphere, MQ and WMB.
- Administer the environment, including security, data growth, performance, platform upgrades, support agreements and disaster recovery.
- Working knowledge of UNIX operating systems. Both Sun Solaris and AIX preferred.
- Working knowledge of the BMC Monitoring and Performance tool.
- Understanding of security concepts regarding Middleware software.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find Root Cause.
- Coordinate test schedules with other Infrastructure teams.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Working with an enterprise wide, large scale implementation.
- Knowledge of shell scripts and PEARL.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet project deadlines.
- Must be self motivated and work well with other groups.
- Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills are required.