new York, New York - Posted on: Wednesday 02/20/13
- Order Processing- candidate will run the day-to-day order processing operations for the S’well office. This is a vitally important position – this role will be the first point of contact for S’well partners and customers. This includes maintaining all communications for the company- emails, voicemail and mail. Leading sales support, such as communicating with sales representatives and international distributers, maintaining a retailer database, contacting retailers about new product offerings, and outreach to new retailers. General operations support includes duties such as sending and tracking materials to the press, tradeshows, and sales reps. Also includes helping to plan and attend company events.
- Bookkeeping-An important part of the role will be to maintain the accounting systems for the company in Quickbooks. This part of the role includes important functions such as creating invoices and purchase orders, downloading orders from sales software, uploading orders to our fulfillment systems and creating monthly commission reports due to sales force based on monthly sales data. Depending on the background of the candidate filling this position, duties may also include monthly reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts, inventory reconciliations and more advanced accounting support.
- Strategic Communication- Identify and reach out to potential strategic partners to help spread the word about S’well. This includes organizations and conferences which we could collaborate on, finding notables and trend makers to use S’well bottles. This task will also take creativity, in both finding the events and companies to partner with, and also to make contact using personal connections and social media to get our message to these channels.
- Has 5+ years of relevant work experience and training in running an office and managing a staff or a team, and at least 3-5 years training in accounting and implementing Quick Books for small to medium sized companies. Preference will be given to candidates also familiar with NetSuite.
- Has an accounting mindset, is extremely organized and pays a keen attention to detail. Has excellent analytic and math skills and is comfortable with understanding and presenting financial information.
- Experience with using the Internet, Email, Microsoft Excel. Open to learning how to use new Fulfillment and Shopping Cart software systems.
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset, is extremely organized and pays a keen attention to detail. Has excellent leadership skills, can prioritize tasks and dual task effectively.
- Experience with using the Internet, Email, Microsoft Products. Open to learning how to use new software systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
- Thrives in an ever-changing entrepreneurial environment and has ability to ‘think on her/his feet’.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Has excellent judgment and demonstration of trustworthiness