New York, New York - Posted on: Wednesday 09/11/13
- Work with System Analysts and Developers to develop test cases for new functionality.
- Develop, maintain, and execute automated QTP scripts using Keyword Driven Framework and Descriptive programming.
- Create functions, keywords and actions in Visual Basic (VB) scripting for new features and enhancements.
- Perform system integration, regression, security, and interface and application configuration testing.
- Create SQL queries for selecting data across multiple tables and comparing information to validate test results.
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, out-of-the-box thinker.
- Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with short deadlines to deliver quality testing.
- Demonstrated ability to create, manage and execute test plans within tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- 3 years minimum experience with HP Quality Center requirements mapping, test plan, and test lab.
- 3 years developing automated QTP scripts using keyword driven framework and descriptive programming.
- 3 years minimum experience in Visual Basic scripting.
- Strong knowledge writing SQL queries and working knowledge of Database concepts like indexes, database logs, stored procedures etc.
- 3 years minimum experience of IBM Rational Suite (Clear Case and Clear Quest) or other comparable software tools.
- 5 years minimum testing experience performing functional and regression testing.
- 9 years minimum testing experience with internet/web and client/server applications.
- Expertise in scheduling and running QTP automation from HP Quality Center.
- Sound knowledge of Test Management in Quality Center: creating requirements and test cases in test plan, setting up test lab with regression suite, and defect management.
- Testing experience on a Time Keeping System, Human Resource or Payroll system.
- Experience testing legacy systems and 3rd party vendor interfaces.
- Experience in executing performance tests is a plus.