New York, New York - Posted on: Thursday 02/14/13
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a QA Analyst - Tester for the City's Timekeeping System to conduct sanity check, system integration and regression testing. Candidate must possess good knowledge of Software Testing Life Cycle and ability to understand and transform business requirements and functional designs into the test cases. Under the direction of the Test Manager, the Tester will develop and manage test cases and execute test scripts for system, functional, stress, regression, smoke, integration, and user acceptance testing. This person should be able to analyze and troubleshoot issues, have the ability to work independently, and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, out-of-the-box thinker.
- Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on projects under stress due to the short deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute test plans within tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- 3 years minimum experience with HP Quality Center requirements mapping, test plan, and test lab.
- 3 years minimum experience of IBM Rational Suite (Clear Case and Clear Quest).
- 5 years minimum testing experience performing functional and regression testing.
- 5 years minimum testing experience with internet/web and client/server applications.
- Testing experience on a Time Keeping System, Human Resource or Payroll system.
- Experience writing, maintaining and executing QTP automated test cases and scripts desired.
- Skills using MS-Access. SQL or other database query tools/languages for data validation activities desired.