Albany, New York - Posted on: Wednesday 02/13/13
• Assist in the preparation of development and operating budgets/proformas for projects;
• Monitor project expenses during predevelopment and construction to ensure conformance with proformas;
• Prepare and coordinate processing of predevelopment and construction funding draw requests with lenders;
• Work with independent accountants to complete post-construction and actual project cost reconciliations;
• Work with Corporate office personnel to coordinate annual audits of specific projects, and to respond to independent auditors request for information;
• Interact with lenders, investors and governmental entities seeking financial information on projects;
• Provide support to project managers on the preparation of funding applications and proposals;
• Work with project managers to coordinate due diligence activities in support of real estate financial closings;
Minimum Education Requirements:
• B.S. in Accounting or closely related field with 1 – 3 years of related experience or
Associate’s degree in accounting with at least 5 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience;
• Facility with computers and standard software, particularly Microsoft products, especially EXCEL, used to generate financial feasibility models, budgets and other necessary reports.
Ideal Candidate will meet minimum requirements above, but also will have:
• Accounting or bookkeeping experience in the real estate, lending or construction industry;
• Experience with EXCEL and YARDI;
• Proven successful experience coordinating with outside accountants on audits and project cost certifications;
• Proven experience in financial management including budgeting, investment analysis, financial accounting, and auditing.
• Ability to understand and work efficiently with governmental entities, private investors and lenders, contractors and employees.