UNC Charlotte - Posted on: Tuesday 02/26/13
- Develop professional and effective presentation materials for staff and career counselor/advisor training on use of instruments (includes Strong®, MBTI®, FOCUS-2®,and others as they are introduced to the UCC).
- Train UCC staff, academic advisors, and student assistants, where appropriate, to effectively facilitate group interpretation sessions and follow up in career activities, especially for freshmen seminars.
- Serve on director leadership team, lead self-assessment team, and serve as liaison to select partner offices.
- Supervise Assistant Director for Career Exploration and Job Shadowing, Undeclared Career Advisor. Consult with incumbent to expand active use of Career Prospector shadowing program and site trips
- Assist with program assessment, learning and employment outcomes, and post- graduation survey reports
- Plan, develop curriculum, co-teach, and grade a career-focused Freshmen Seminar as needed.
- Participate in office and division-wide program offerings, events, and professional development
- Oversee UCC outreach and resources to recent Alumni and integration of Alumni Experience web module; monitor use and satisfaction; partner with Alumni Affairs.
Master’s degree in counseling, higher education, college student personnel, or related discipline required. Minimum 4-5 years experience in the fields of career development/services required. Master’s level training/qualification in administering MBTI and Strong Interest Inventory is necessary to serve a range of students and alumni and support Self-Assessment Team and de career development priorities. Knowledge of counseling theory, career development, co-op & internship programs, legal and ethical issues in the field, job market trends across a wide variety of occupations, and related web applications important. Experience in a comprehensive career center, supervising staff and/or students, and with Ex Experience eRecruiting and FOCUS 2 helpful. Demonstrated work in assessing and developing programs, strong cocounseling and interpersonal skills with traditional as well as non- traditional students and alumni, as well as organization, teamwork, initiative, strong work ethic, management, marketing, teaching, career technology systems knowledge, and communication skills critical. Familiarity with NACE, ACT, NSSE, Excel, SPSS, post-graduation studies helpful .