Albany, New York - Posted on: Tuesday 01/21/14
- Plan and provide training for approved project trainers
- Monitor quality of all active and approved trainers to assess effectiveness including initiating corrective strategies when warranted
- Provide leadership for project training program including curriculum development, communication with trainers and other activities
- Provide technical support to all approved trainers and to regulatory staff
- Provide training for New York State child day care regulatory staff
- Develop new educational materials and revise existing curricula Review, update and maintain internal project database
- Assure accuracy and availability of project information on the PDP website and database
- Review training programs for compliance with applicable State University of New York (SUNY) and Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) rules, regulations and policies
- Represent the Professional Development Program at professional conferences and meetings
- Coordinate and schedule monitoring visits
- Assist in program evaluation and analysis
- Complete project reports and documentation as required
- Other duties as assigned to meet contractual obligations
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in an appropriate field.
2. Valid NYS Registered Nurse License.
3. Experience in adult education, training and curriculum development.
4. Experience teaching or training in the field of early childhood education or a related area.
5. Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
6. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to quickly master complex training content.
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
9. Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
10. Able to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
11. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
12. Ability to work variable hours and travel throughout NYS as needed.
13. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
1. Ability to speak Spanish
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to: addresses job requirements and Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to: addresses job requirements and PDP-Jobs@albany.edu..