Albany, New York - Posted on: Monday 12/16/13
We are building new online, mobile- and tablet-enabled applications using best of breed technologies. We are also using the latest .NET technology to build RESTful Web services and a new portal framework to build applications using HTML5 and Responsive Design. We are an agile development shop and have adopted a test-driven development approach to build quality in to our software throughout the development process. We have designed and use our own XML standard for representation of buildings and energy efficiency measures and as the franchise player in our industry, we continue to drive innovation for our clients and end customers.
- Join an agile team of experienced software developers and test engineers.
- Produce results and planned deliverables using the agile scrum method with short delivery timeframes.
- Effectively collaborate with team members as well as internal and external clients.
- Use modern software development techniques including automated code analysis, implementation of coding guidelines, while contributing to a consistently high level of unit test coverage.
- Work with some of the latest technologies including: Visual Studio 2012, .NET 4.5, the Kentico portal development framework, REST APIs, HTML5/CSS3 and Responsive Design.
- Learn and understand the business requirements, current applications and design enhancements needed.
- Analyze software problems with advanced debugging techniques.
- Integrate design changes and enhancement requests into the infrastructure of the application.
- Investigate the impact of changes to the application infrastructure and inform developers and data analysts of any risks involved.
- Continuously improve technical knowledge and skills.
- Communicate with management and others regarding project opportunity and risks in an effective and timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of required documentation.
- Assist other staff in debugging and solving programming or design issues.
- 3-5 years professional experience designing and developing enterprise .NET Web applications with Visual Studio.
- 3-5 years experience with C#.
- 3-5 years experience with PL/SQL.
- 3-5 years experience with REST APIs, HTML5/CSS3 and Responsive Design.
- Any experience with Kentico portal development framework is desirable.
- Self-starter who is quickly able to identify obstacles and push forward with their mitigation, escalation, and resolution.
- Ability to work well with a team as well as to focus for long periods of solitary effort.
- Strong analytical, problem identification/solving, and reporting skills.
- Solid communication skills.