Rochester or Schenectady - Posted on: Monday 09/16/13
Under the direction of the Director, Health Services Operations:
Supports the strategic goals of the Health Services areas through expert application of process improvement and process/project management disciplines and technique both within and outside of the Health Services division as appropriate. Directs through primary decision making and delegation, both department and corporate project activities representing Health Services business unit interests and acting on behalf of department management. Manages working relationships with other MVP departments for optimal coordination as pertaining to Health Services business resources and with consideration to cost, quality and service. Identifies and communicates process and infrastructure inefficiencies and, develops and implements action plans to mitigate risk and increase efficiency and customer satisfaction. Maintains ownership and maintenance of department-related vendor contract relationships working in conjunction with MVP Contracting department and other department management as appropriate. Participates in and contributes to strategic planning with senior department leadership. Provides consultative support, direction and training for other department staff regarding process and project related solutions. Provide support, leadership and direction for the development and implementation of Health Services initiatives and programs. Work in close collaboration with department management and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure coordination of activities in support of key organizational outcomes and a positive and optimal customer experience. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree preferably in Project Management, Business, Economics or other quantitative field. Masters
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required or must be obtained within 24 months of hire date.
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma or obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Minimum 10 years experience in project, program, process or IT-based experience with demonstrated financial, operations and service-related outcomes.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology (preferably as recommended by the Project Management Institute or PMI)
- Demonstrated success in managing large-scale projects with a focus on stakeholder management, risk management/mitigation and reconciling high level milestone to project task details as appropriate
- Intermediate to advanced skills working with MS Excel, Project, Access and Visio
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to organize, analyze and present data effectively
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines
- Must be well organized with exceptional time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly effective interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information