- Facts on File: Ferguson's Career Guidance Center: Find in-depth career field information. Explore job and industry profiles using a key word search. To access this resource from off campus login through Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
- Spotlight On Careers: Explore an extensive range of resources for liberal arts majors specific to career fields of interests. To access this resource from off campus login through Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
- Career Cornerstone Center - Explore career opportunities in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computing, and healthcare.
- Vault – Explore industry overviews, career fields, company information and more.
- O*NET Online - Find comprehensive information on key attributes and characteristics of workers and occupations.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Outlook Handbook - Find details about specific occupations and industries by using the index or keyword search.
- Going Global - Career and employment resources that include more than 10,000 pages on topics such as: world wide job openings, internship listings, industry profiles and country specific career information, H-1B plus searchable employer database, work permit/visa regulations, resume writing guidelines and examples, employment trends, salary ranges, networking groups, cultural/interviewing advice... and more!. To create an account from off campus login through Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
- ReferenceUSA - Provides instant, real-time access to accurate, in-depth information on 24 million U.S. businesses and 1.5 million Canadian businesses. Research companies, conduct job searches, find news articles; locate business addresses and phone numbers, and more.
- The Business Review - Includes access to 40 business journals across the U.S. and automatic updates throughout the day with breaking business news in the Capital Region. Also with Best Places To Work guides; 40 Book of Lists resource books; People on the Move sections; and more.
Choosing a Major
Deciding on a major field of study in college may be an exciting process. It also can be overwhelming and confusing. The Becker Career Center can help you with choosing a major. You can meet with a Career Education staff member to talk about your interests, skills and goals and how they all relate to your choice of major and career. Inventories are available to take which can help suggest careers (and thus majors) related to your interests.
What Can I Do With A Major In...?
- University of Tennessee: What Can I Do With this Major?
- Northern Illinois University: Major WebLinks
- The University of Texas at Austin: Sanger Learning & Career Center
Current Students with credentials from ITS(i.e. the username and password you use for e-mail) can access resources (Facts on File, Spotlight on Careers, Going Global, ReferenceUSA, and Business Review) from off campus through the internet by using Cisco AnyConnect VPN. Once connected to Cisco AnyConnect VPN you will experience the Union College website as if you were on Campus.