A recent survey from the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) indicates that employers extended full-time job offers to nearly 70 percent of their interns.
An internship not only will give you an edge over your competition when job searching, but it is a valuable way to try out a potential career field of interest. Many internships take place over the summer, although part-time internship opportunities with local organizations are a great way to gain experience during the academic year. Feel free to contact the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding internships. Students interested in receiving academic credit for an internship should email Maggie Tongue at email@example.com for more information.
- HireU- is the Becker Career Center's new job and internship search database. Start by searching in HireU because it contains only positions from alumni and employers who are looking specifically for Union College students; we add to the number and type of opportunities on a weekly basis. If you do not know how to access the opportunities in HireU please stop in to see us or give us a call. (518-388-6176)
- Liberal Arts Career Network (LACN) - The Becker Career Center belongs to a consortium of 31 selective liberal arts colleges to share with you additional internship opportunities. Retrieve your password at the login page.
- LinkedIn- Operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet. Not only is LinkedIn an effective platform for networking with professionals in your career field of interest, but it also allows you to search for internships and full-time job opportunities. To find opportunities of interest, click on the “jobs” tab in the top center of the page. In subheadings, click “Advanced Search” and then in the Experience Section, select, “Internship” or “Entry Level.”
- engIN - Engineering Internship Network lists engineering, computer science and other technical internships. Union collaborates with several similar engineering schools to share internship opportunities. Select "Forgot Password", enter your Union email address, and your password will be emailed to you. Questions? Contact the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Idealist.org - This is an interactive site where you can search for jobs and internships with a variety of nonprofit, community action and social change organizations.
- Internships.com - Union's subscription to Internships.com provides you access to up-to-date listings of internships in various geographic regions and interest areas. You do not need to subscribe or pay for any fee-based services through the system. To create an account: select ‘sign up for free' at the top right hand corner. It will then prompt you to enter your name, school email address and password. Select 'sign me up!'. Once logged in, select 'Search Internships' and use the search fields: keyword/major, location, or company name.
- Internships USA - An internship database targeting opportunities in Law & Policy, Congressional Internships, Human/Women's' Rights, International Affairs, Green/Environmental, America's Top Companies, Media, Advertising, Sports, History/Museums and Community Service. Select "The Internship Series Online"; contact the Career Center for username and password 518.388.6176.
- InternMatch- offers extensive resources to facilitate one’s internship search and features one of the largest selections of paid internships anywhere with a focus on amazing opportunities in business and at hard-to-find non-profits. These include the biggest companies like CBS and Pixar, as well as small and dynamic industry leaders like HootSuite. One of its biggest areas of focus is IT internships, where the most elite engineering students can work at top tech companies like salesforce.com and NetApp to tackle big, challenging projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Going Global - Career and employment resources that include more than 10,000 pages on topics such as: world wide job openings, internship listings, industry profiles and country specific career information, H-1B plus searchable employer database, work permit/visa regulations, resume writing guidelines and examples, employment trends, salary ranges, networking groups, cultural/interviewing advice... and more!. To create an account from off campus login through Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
- Capital Region Consortium Site – A searchable database of internships, part-time/full time jobs, and seasonal employment located in the Capital Region of New York State.
- Pathways to Science - supports pathways to the STEM fields: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Use this website to find programs such as undergraduate summer research opportunities, graduate fellowships, postdoctoral positions, as well as resources and materials pertaining to recruitment, retention, and mentoring.
- The New New York Leaders: Student Intern Program- brings students into state government where they will be exposed to the work of governing and introduced to the increasingly complex policy challenges facing New York State. The Student Intern Program Internship Portal will function as the primary location where agency internship opportunities will be posted and students will submit applications, upload resumes and identify preferred internships.
- The Stakeholders Non-profit Volunteer Opportunities - The Stakeholders Volunteer Center is a one-stop resource for all things volunteer. Founded in 2008 by local young professionals committed to community service and civic engagement, we have encouraged adults to serve, youth to build character, families to bond, young professionals to excel as volunteer and philanthropic leaders, mature adults to stay engaged and businesses to address community needs. Through our online database we match volunteers to meaningful opportunities every day.
- ReferenceUSA - Provides instant, real-time access to accurate, in-depth information on 24 million U.S. businesses and 1.5 million Canadian businesses. Research companies, conduct job searches, find news articles; locate business addresses and phone numbers, and more. Current students can access this resource off campus – go through Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
- The Business Review - Includes access to 40 business journals across the U.S. and automatic updates throughout the day with breaking business news in the Capital Region. Also with Best Places To Work guides; 40 Book of Lists resource books; People on the Move sections; and more. Current students can access this resource off campus – go through Cisco AnyConnect VPN.