- Medical and nursing care for illness and injuries
- Laboratory testing (limited)
- Health teaching and counseling
- A list of local physician specialists and health agencies
- Follow-up care as recommended by family physician or specialist
- Vision test for DMV
- TB skin testing
- Limited vaccines for immunization
- Loan of medical equipment as needed (limited)
- Brochures, pamphlets
WOMEN'S HEALTH SERVICES:
Provided by our female nurse practitioners Monday-Friday. Appointments are necessary.
- Routine Pap Smears
- Sexually transmitted disease testing and treatment
- Breast exams
- Treatment of gyn. problems (ex. dysmenorrhea)
- Health teaching and consultation
- Pregnancy testing
- Emergency contraception
Call the UC Health Center to schedule an appointment with our Registered Dietitian, Diane Pietrocarlo.
There is no charge for an initial consultation or follow-up appointments with our dietitian. NO SHOW FEE: However, due to the high demand for our dietitian's services, any appointment missed or not cancelled within 24 hours will result in a $30 fee, billed to the student's tuition.
Dining Services is available to discuss accommodations for special diet needs.
Students are responsible for self care as directed by the UC Health Center staff, including taking medications as directed and returning for follow-up treatment. Please ask for clarification if health care instructions are not understood. Your early return to classes will depend upon your cooperation. At any time, if you feel you are getting worse, are not improving, or have a problem or questions, remember that we are here to help you.
LANGE'S PHARMACY: Valuable Resource
We have a local pharmacy, Lange's Pharmacy, that delivers prescription medications directly to the Health Center several times daily. Lange's Pharmacy contact information is listed below. Please make sure you have furnished them with your current prescription insurance information, and your co-pay will be billed to your tuition bill; unless you have set up a credit card payment option with Lange's Pharmacy. Medication pick up is on a first come, first serve basis; and do not require an appointment. ALL HEALTH VISITS REQUIRE AN APPOINTMENT. Medication pickup ends 15 minutes prior to the Health Center closing.
LANGE'S PHARMACY, 2205 Nott Street, Niskayuna, NY 12309 Phone: 518-374-3324 Fax: 518-374-3325
Hours: Monday - Friday 9-6 pm, Saturday 9-2pm, Closed on Sunday
REFILLS JUST GOT SIMPLER: "Refill RX" & "Refill Rx Mobile"
1. Go to : www.RefillRx.com
2. Click on "Register"
3. Locate your pharmacy
4. Input your Patient Information
5. Create your Username & Password
6. View/Refill your Prescriptions
1. Go to the App Store
2. Download the "RefillRx Mobile" Free App
3. Click on "RefillRx Mobile" icon
4. Select "Scan Barcode"
5. Align your Rx barcode inside the box - it automatically snaps a picture.
DORM ROOM FIRST AID KIT:
Following are some over-the-counter medications and supplies to keep on hand in your dorm room, especially if you have your own preferred brand:
- Pain relievers/fever reducers
- Antibiotic ointment
- Cold medications including: decongestants, antihistamines, cough suppressants/expectorants, cough drops, throat lozengers, etc.
- Cleansing solution such as hydrogen peroxide
- Oral thermometer
- Gatorade/ginger ale
- Humidifier, heating pad